Portland, 2021 Naked Goddess Swim
Time & Location
About The Event
The Naked Goddess Swim is a body positive, recreational swimming event, celebrating the female figure, in all its naked glory. Inclusive, yet female centric, this event will wash your cares, insecurities, and self-imposed limitations away. With the moon as our guiding light, we revel in water and its magical properties during this annual ritual. Prepare to laugh in delight as you have never laughed before; there is nothing like becoming a Naked Goddess. Friendship, acceptance, community, that's what you will discover and create at a Naked Goddess Swim, where mere mortal women shed their suits and inhibitions to become Goddesses in the moonlight.
Check-in starts at 8:30 p.m., and mandatory safety meeting starts at 9:00 p.m.
Parking fees are 24/7 in the parking lots. There is free street parking farther from the event site.
Fee includes the Naked Goddess cap, and tote bag to store personal items like robes, sandals, keys, cell phones, and driver's licenses during the swim.
We recommend glow stick or LED jewelry to wear, the better to be seen by kayak Gods and Goddesses.
If event organizer cancels the event due to inclement weather, or circumstances beyond organizer's control, caps and bags must be picked up at Popina Swimwear, and will not be delivered.
This is a recreational swim contained within 150 feet of the dock, and is not an out-and-back distance swim.
There are no restroom facilities at the location.
You must be 18 to participate.
You must sign a waiver and attend the mandatory safety meeting to participate.
As a participant, you must consent to being in event photos taken and used for marketing purposes only.
The Willamette River is clean enough for fish and humans to swim.
- Bring Personal Floatation Devise (PFD) commensurate with your swimming abilities, for example: noodles, tubes, rafts, arm floaties, jogging belts, kick boards, life jackets, swim buoys.
- Bring glow in the dark jewelry to increase your visibility for the kayak Gods and Goddesses who are there to protect you.
- Arrival: Check-in will be from 8:30 – 9:00. Please arrive wearing a robe, sandals, and limit personal items to towels, phones, keys, pfd’s, glow in the dark jewelry, and your identification. Each swimmer will be given a Naked Goddess Swim bag and a Naked Goddess Swim cap. A number a will be written on swimmer’s hands that matches the number on the bag. Please social distance yourself on the dock, and if you are closer than 6’ feet, please wear a mask.
- Safety Meeting: 9:00 – 9:15. This is required, so please arrive on time. We will go over the safety plan in order to keep all Goddesses safe. Do we even have to mention that drugs and/or drinking alcohol before an open water swim is a terrible, terrible idea? Please be totally present, and don’t jeopardize anyone’s safety.
- Entry: 9:15 – 9:30 - Goddesses will line up, with 6’ of distance at the top of the dock, and walk down the gangway, put their belongings in their bag on the dock, and jump in the warm, dark water!!!Swim: Goddesses will swim/float/frolic within 150 feet of the dock, encircled by kayak Gods and Goddesses.
- Exit: by 10:30 – There is a ladder behind the dock, and a female volunteer will help swimmers out of the water, and help them find their bag.
- We look forward to a successful, fun and meaningful Naked Goddess Swim,
- Trusted Gentlemen and Women$0$00$0
- Goddess who wants a towel$55$550$0